Saturday, February 12, 2011

Writing about what matters

I’ve been writing all my life, pretty much, but I’m fairly new to blogging. I started a blog a couple of years ago, mostly to find out what this was all about. I wanted to write about nature, the environment – things that I care about, that I think about, that I draw strength from.
Sometimes I would write about interesting places I’d been to, things I’d seen. That was the naturalist in me. Just as often I’d write about something I came across in the news. That would be the reporter in me.
So now I’ve decided to separate those two selves. Here, under The Ecocryptic, youll find newsy things about environmental issues that have caught my eye, and sometimes raised my ire. It’ll be my way of spreading the word, provoking thought, maybe even action.
There’s so much going on, so much that’s important, but I’m afraid it’s getting lost in all the noise. All we can do is try. Stay tuned.
My nature-writing will be at the other site, along with my archived posts, perambulations.wordpress.com and some of my current reporting can be found at Digital Journal.
I hope people will read both. As I go along I’ll try to figure out ways to everything linked up.                       

No comments:

Post a Comment